Friday, May 4, 2012

2012 Week 4 - January 22-28

Still trying to play catch-up this year. We are headed to Disneyland next week and I'd really like to be caught up on my blog posts and photo sharing before we leave, but I'm not sure that will happen. There are only 2.5 weeks of school left - I can't believe my boy is almost done with Kindergarten!! Unreal. He will miss the 2nd to last week of school for our fun family vacation, but I'm sure he'll survive! ;-) Lots of exciting things planned this summer and my plan is to share them as they happen. But first, I need to catch up.

Week 4 - January 22-28, 2012

The 4th week of 2012 started with a fun family trip to the West Side Sunday morning. We drove to Lahaina and did some book shopping at Barnes & Noble, then had lunch at Teddy's Bigger Burger (one of Joel's faves), headed to Front Street in Lahaina so I could stock up on some of my favorite Lush goodies, then enjoyed some ice cream on the grass at the harbor. It was lots of fun.



We had some homework struggles this week with lots of drama and tears. We went through phases for a few months, tried different routines, etc. I think more than anything Dean just didn't want to do homework. The work is easy for him so that's not it. He just doesn't want to do it. He does seem to fight it less when it's math or science related. (and the last month or two have been much better, he seems resigned to the fact that it's just not going to change).


Thursday was Chinese New Year and Pomaika'i Elementary School (Dean's school) had a big celebration with a Lion Dance.

The other major excitement from this week was that Saturday afternoon Dean's old babysitter, Sarah, who moved off island over a year ago, came to visit. Dean was so excited to see her! They have had such a strong bond since Sarah first started babysitting Dean when he was just 16 months old and she was 13! We sure do miss her!
Other stuff from this week included Jamba Wednesday at school and making home-made pizza for dinner.



Below are photos of my Week 4 Project Life layouts:

The entire spread with the insert containing the Chinese New Year mask Dean made at school:


The entire 2-page spread without the insert:


The left-side page:


The right-side page:


One of my favorite weeks in Project Life so far!

No comments: