Monday, April 9, 2012

2012 Week 3 - January 15-21

Week 3 - January 15-21, 2012:

This week started out with a 3-day weekend in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Sunday morning we got up bright and early and hiked part of the Waihe'e Ridge Trail. It was a beautiful clear morning. Dean wasn't into this hike, probably because of the really REALLY steep climb that starts it out, but he did pretty good once we got going and probably hiked a total of about 2 miles. He definitely would have gone farther if it wasn't for that initial climb (which we call the "Ass Kicker"). It was hard to pick which photos to include in my Project Life album from the hike, so I created a couple of little 4x6 collages and used another "flip pocket".


Dean spent the night at Tutu's Sunday night and went to the beach with her Monday morning. On Monday morning Joel and I both participated in my employer's (Kaiser Permanente) Community Day of Service by helping to paint Ka Hale a Ke Ola Homeless Resource Center with several of my coworkers. Joel worked harder than anyone.


Dean had a dentist appointment on Wednesday 1/18, which went better than usual (he at least allowed them to do his cleaning this time!) and I finally finished my December Daily album, which I am really REALLY proud of (this was a daily holiday-themed scrapbook project that documented our daily life from December 1 through Christmas this year). It was A LOT of work, but I'm so glad I stuck with it.


The weekend was full of fun - a special breakfast at Krispy Kreme (Dean's fave), a birthday party for one of Dean's classmates at Maui Mini Golf, and Dean went fishing at the beach with Joel and Uncle Vince Saturday night.



I also chose to document lots of normal "everyday life" stuff this week in Project Life - Gas Prices that were $4.37 at the time (and looking back at mid-January now that it's early April and our Gas Prices are hovering at right around $4.80/gallon on Maui, I WISH they were still $4.37!!), another Family Game Night that ended with Dean in tears (my journaling under a picture of Dean crying in front of a Monopoly board reads "At times, parenting a 5-yr-old is really, really difficult and frustrating. This one is only happy if he's winning. Sigh.")

I also journaled a little bit about my monthly Book Club get togethers, which happened to be that week. I said "Friday evening the Book Club girls got together at Sarah's place for our monthly "meeting". There are 5 of us in the group who can be considered "regulars" - me, Sarah, Jayci, Lindsay, and Katie (although I'm sad to report we'll be losing Lindsay for 10-week stints as she starts her new job as an Environmental something-or-other on a Cruise Ship soon). Sue started out with us but hasn't joined us in over a year. Ellyn likes to join us when she can, but has only made it a handful of times. This month Joel's friend Elizabeth joined us, so we'll see if she sticks it out. We get together on the 3rd Friday of each month and take turns picking the book, everyone brings food to share and there's always lots of laughs and plenty of wine. We don't take things too seriously and don't even spend too much time talking about the book - it's more about getting together with a great group of girls. The book is just an excuse".

And here's a look at the Week 3 in the Project Life Album:

No comments: