Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Video!!

FYI - in order to watch the video, you actually have to click on the link (Should be in blue or something in your e-mail) and go to the post on the blog. Then click on the "play" button on the video.

Just a cute video of Dean coloring last weekend. Actually, now that I watch it you don't actually see him coloring, but you can hear that he's talking up a storm. I can only understand about a quarter of what he's saying, but he's trying REALLY hard and obviously he knows what he's saying!!


Sorry I've been out of the loop. I've had a rough week with a terrible migraine. Actually I've had a headache for almost a month now, that suddenly got MUCH worse Monday morning. I'm happy to say that I'm feeling much better now...after 4 days of literally being in bed in the dark almost all day, several doses of my migraine meds which did NOTHING, a brain MRI (normal by the way - I don't have a tumor...or an aneurysm, which is what I was pretty convinced was happening Monday afternoon), a toradol injection (again, it did nothing), and finally a heavy duty dose pack of steroids (prednisone) and a few vicodin....it seems we've FINALLY broken the migraine cycle. I've been prone to headaches since I was a teenager - something I think I inherited from my Dad (thanks Dad), but I've NEVER experienced anything like this one. I really was scared something terrible was going on, the pain was so intense. I will even go out on a limb and say that for several hours both Monday and Tuesday afternoons it was worse than labor!! I literally could NOT move. Thank goodness that's over. I've done really well without too many headaches and only 2 or 3 I'd classify as a true migraine since getting pregnant over 2 yrs ago. Prior to getting pregnant I found that taking a daily dose of Feverfew (an herbal supplement) worked very well at preventing my headaches. Well, you can't take feverfew when you're pregnant...but fortunately for me I didn't have any headaches throughout pregnancy or while breastfeeding. I've had a few since then, but not bad. I have to say that I've never gotten back in the habit of taking the feverfew, but I certainly will now!!! (the neurologist has also suggested daily high doses of magnesium, riboflavin and co-enzyme Q10). I have a few days of the steroids left, but I'm just so happy to not be in so much pain!!! I still have a slight headache, but I'm at least functional now, and I expect it to get better over the next few days as the prednisone does it's work. YUCK! Ok, thanks for letting me vent!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I suffer from migraines since age 18. I am now a 52yo mom of a 10yo.
I too. take Toradol injections for my headaches..after trying most all the pain killers-I am now allergic to codeine.\I wonder after reading your blog if..you would have had better pain relief from the Toradol-- IF you had it to give at FIRST sign of migraine..? I use Phenergan to help with stomach upset and also take a 2 mg Ativan to rest- once I give myself the shot.
good luck,,, you are the best doctor for yourself.
deb/
va