Monday, March 22, 2010

Changes to the Blog

OK, this is going to be painful for some of you. Especially the old folks (and yes, I'm talking to you Grandma). Try to stay calm. Deep breaths. It will be OK. Most of you receive these blog updates in your e-mail inbox, as if my magic, when I post something new to the blog. I hate to tell you this, but it doesn't happen by magic. {gasp!}. I know. shocking. I have been using a service through a website called "Feedblitz" for a few years now, that was free. No longer. They are going to start charging a fee that is proportionate to the number of subscribers I have. So, I've decided to go with the free subscription service offered by Blogger. So, those of you who want to still receive these blog updates in your e-mail inbox when I post them to the blog will need to re-subscribe. You'll need to do this before April 1, which is when the Feedblitz e-mails will end. I'm going to walk you through this step-by-step. You can do this. I promise. Here we go...

1. Click on this link: http://TaplerOhana.blogspot.com
2. In the right-hand column, at the very top you will see the words "Subscribe to the Tapler Ohana by Email" in blue. Click on those words.
3. You will be taken to the Feedburner E-mail Subscription Request page. Enter your e-mail address and the verification message (you'll see a weird series of letters that you'll need to type to verify that you're really human), then click "Complete Subscription Request".
4. You will then get an e-mail, probably addressed from me, asking you to activate your subscription. You'll need to click on the link in the e-mail (it will probably be in blue). - That's it! Once you do that, you'll be all set and you'll continue getting your e-mail updates and won't miss a single moment of Dean cuteness!! :-)

I'm going to leave the Feedblitz updates up until April 1, so you may get double update messages until then, but after that you'll receive your updates through Feedburner. I'm sorry to do this to everyone, but it's necessary.

I've also had a few people e-mail me asking me to add someone to my Feedblitz e-mail list, but I'm not able to subscribe anyone - people have to subscribe themselves (Blogger does this to prevent Spam). If there's someone you think might want to read the blog, give them the link to the blog (www.TaplerOhana.blogspot.com) and they can subscribe by clicking the subscription link in the top right column.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: