Monday, April 28, 2008

ahhhh, do you hear that? That's the sweet sound of silence...

So Dean is having his first sleepover at Grandma Sue & Grandpa Eddie's tonight. She decided that since she keeps him Monday and Tuesday and with gas prices at around $4.25/gallon, it would save us each a trip from town to Kihei if he just spent the night. On one hand Joel and I are pretty excited to have our first totally kid-less evening in almost 17 months, but on the other hand I already miss him!!! (probably because I know I won't see him until tomorrow evening). We haven't decided if we want to take advantage and go out for a nice dinner and to see a movie (which is what we probably SHOULD do) or just sit at home and watch TV that doesn't include Elmo or Barney and doesn't involve prying the remote out of Dean's sticky hands every 5 minutes. Whatever we do, we should enjoy it, because I have a feeling that after once, Sleepovers at Grandma's won't happen again until Dean's about 5!!! I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

No comments: