Saturday, April 19, 2008

An Evening in South Maui

My family's close friends (really they're like a second family to me...we go way back!), the Corwins are here visiting. Judi and their daughter Jayci arrived almost 2 weeks ago and Jim arrived Monday. It's been so much fun hanging out with them. So many of my favorite childhood memories include the Corwins (think LOTS of trips to the lake, summer road trips, snow-skiing...in fact their son Andy, who is my age, and I learned to snow ski together when we were about 4 years old). ANYWAY. Judi and I hung out most of the day today - we went to the local scrapbook store (it's so fun to have someone to do that with since my Mom just isn't interested) then spent the afternoon being "crafty". Joel wanted to watch the UFC fights tonight and prefers to watch them at my parents' house since they have a nice big high definition plasma screen TV (Joel and I have NEVER bought a TV - we keep acquiring free hand-me-downs and none of them have been high-def plasma screens as you can imagine. To be honest I can't tell a difference, but apparently there is one). So we went to my parents' for dinner and the fights. Other good friends, Jim and Linda (Dean's had a crush on Linda since he was TINY) were there too as Jim (not Corwin) is also a big UFC fan. We had a very nice dinner (at least the girls did - the men were busy with the fights), then Judi and Linda went to some Hawaiian music and hula performance at Linda's church with my Grandma. Jayci had a date - with a very VERY cute boy I might add - I definitely approve!! She met him on their Molokini snorkel trip on "Maui Magic" yesterday - he is one of the crew / eye-candy-for-the-lady-tourists. So after dinner Mom, Jim (Corwin - who's not a huge UFC fan), Dean and I walked down to the beach for sunset. That was EXHAUSTING but fun. Dean had most of the fun. I was the one who was exhausted. He's so cute though!! And really does love the beach and the ocean. Which is weird because he HATES swimming lessons. We had our 2nd to last class this session this morning and he was soooooo naughty!!! I mean REALLY bad. Screamed at the top of his lungs, flailing his arms and legs the whole time kind of naughty. Not fun. Anyway, here are a few pics from our fun evening.




Taking time to smell the flowers.
You can't tell it in this next picture, but Dean is "smelling" some red ginger - which for Dean means snorting loudly.
Huh?
Yay! Sand!
And the parting shot....
(his shorts are soaking wet and the diaper had to go. We found out that the bulk of having a diaper helps hold his britches up)


1 comment:

Maren said...

Fabulous pictures....I especially LOVE that "bottom" one! Too cute! Just wanted to let you know that you are a WINNER on my blog! :-)