Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, we've had an interesting week in the Tapler household! So interesting in fact that I'm still a little traumatized from the "Mother's Day Poop Incident" that I really can't talk about it yet. I'm just not ready. But don't worry. As soon as I've come to terms with the prolonged psychological impact of said incident and worked through some of my lingering fears and doubts, I might be in a better place - one in which I feel comfortable discussing it in public. But until then, suffice it to say that it was a Mother's Day that I will NEVER. EVER. Forget. Ever. Oh, and we've been working really hard on potty training. But it's not going so well. I'll get back to that later too.

For now, I'm just going to share some pics from the day BEFORE the "Mother's Day Poop Incident" - reflect on happier, more peaceful times. On Saturday before Mother's Day, Joel and I took Dean upcountry to Seabury Hall to the Annual Craft Fair. Dean had a great time!! It was a beautiful Upcountry day - with the Jacaranda trees in bloom and lots of fun stuff to see and do! Dean had a few faves of the day that I thought I'd share....

He really enjoyed the Taiko drummers, especially the little girl. They were really good! Of course, Dean always likes drumming, but I think this was the first time he's experienced Japanese Taiko drumming. (if you look closely, you can see a large Jacaranda tree blooming in the distance...the tree with the purple blooms....although this one was an early bloomer, so has already lost a lot of it's blooms - most of the trees are big bright puffs of purple!)




Eating a snow cone (which is VERY different from Hawaiian shave ice and not nearly as good)...

Doing some crafts. Sorry to ruin the surprise Grandma Jo, but Dean got to pick out what he made for each Grandma and he wanted to make a flowerpot for Grandma Jo and a Pet Rock for TuTu, so that's what he did!
But the highlight of the day...the GIGANTIC slip-n-slide!!!
It was soooo funny to watch Dean slide down this thing - and it moved FAST! Dean wasn't too sure the first time, he looked like he didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry, but when he got down to the bottom he must have decided it was fun because he ran right back up the GIANT hill and did it all over again - 3 times!!! It cost $1 per slide, or it was $15 for a day-pass, so after 3 successfull slides, Joel decided to go buy the day pass with the intention of hanging out for awhile so Dean could slide to his heart's content while I did some craft fair shopping. Wouldn't ya know that as SOON as we dropped $15 on the day pass, Dean refused to go down the slide another time! UUUGGGHHH!!!

No comments: