Sunday, February 15, 2009

Catching Up

I'm a little behind on my February blog posts, I know. Quick post tonight to catch up on some pics.

Several weeks ago Dean and I enjoyed a fun morning at the Wailea Marriott with our good friends the Shapiros. Dean got to hang out with his BFF Charlie and his hero Sam (seriously - Sam has rockstar status with Dean. Dean talks about Sam CONSTANTLY). Somehow I only got pics of Dean and Sam and missed Charlie completely...






Last weekend Dean helped me bake Chocolate Chip cookies. Joel wasn't home so we went with the easy instant mix variety that you just add butter and an egg, bake and you're done!! Dean thought it was pretty cool though!! He got to break the egg and stir the dough. His favorite part was licking the spoon!!!Trying to get Dean to smile for the camera is just about impossible these days!!!


I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! We celebrated tonight because Joel was coaching wrestling ALL DAY yesterday. The Baldwin Bears took 2nd place in the Maui Interscholastic League Championship Tournament, behind Lahainaluna. Joel had 13 of his wrestlers - 10 boys and 3 girls - qualify for the State Tournament, which is next weekend in Honolulu. He'll fly to Oahu with the team and other coaches Thursday night and come home Sunday. Dean and I stopped by last night during the finals, but didn't stay long - Dean didn't understand why he couldn't run out on the mat and roll around - I'm pretty sure the refs might have frowned upon that, so we said hi to Dad, whished the team luck and were on our way.

Sarah (Sarah the Great who Dean loves) came and babysat this evening so Joel and I could go out for a nice Valentine's dinner at Maalaea Grill. We hadn't been there in a few years and it was very yummy!! It's right on the water in Maalaea harbor and we saw a few whales playing in the harbor during sunset while we waited for our food. We'll definitely be going back there.

No comments: